“I started working at One on One 1 year ago, after ~12 years in the industry. Hands down the most competent and dedicated personal trainers I’ve known…”
-Geoff Borro, One on One Registered Dietitian and Personal Trainer
A comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid holidays and vacation, a 401(k) plan, a Profit Sharing Plan, a continuing education stipend, longevity bonuses and much more.
We build full-time schedules for our team members so that they can focus on growing as fitness/nutrition/wellness professionals, not sales people.
In House Training Program
Our commitment to excellence necessitates a comprehensive training program. We train all new team members regardless of background.
Team Training Approach
Our team members work together to ensure that our clients are having the best possible experience. This guarantees that we learn from one another and stay cutting edge in our field. The synergy that comes from this approach helps make our environment and culture so special.
Trainers who excel have the opportunity to work in different areas of the business and assume managerial responsibilities.
How Do I Apply?
If your career plans include joining a team of professionals devoted to excellence, we would like to hear from you. Please mail or e-mail your resume and cover letter to Bruce@oneononefit.com. No phone calls, please.
One on One’s Internship program is designed to pick up where the intern’s academic career leaves off. You have a good foundation in the science…you now need to apply it. Fitness and nutrition interns are essentially enrolled in our Personal Fitness Instructor Training Program learning how to apply the science of fitness/nutrition in a skilled, artful way.
Prospective interns must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in a Health and Human Development related degree program. *Nutrition students are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a member of the candidate’s university faculty.
- Must provide a cover letter that states why the candidate believes he/she is a good fit for the internship.
- Must provide a resume that highlights candidate’s pertinent coursework, extracurricular activities, hobbies, work experience, awards, and certifications.
- Must complete and submit an Internship Program Application.
Interns work a full-time schedule Monday through Friday. During a typical day, a participant can expect:
- One to two hours of lecture/discussion
- Two to three hours of observation/practice/critical analysis with a One on One Fitness Professional or Registered Dietitian
- One to two hours of miscellaneous instruction (including but not limited to assessment, demonstrations, and role playing)
- One hour of exercise/practice
- Independent study (reading, certification prep and project completion)
Application Deadlines: Internship start/completion dates subject to change.
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2023
- Internship start date: May 15, 2023
- Internship completion date: June 23, 2023
“I can’t decipher whether I’ve grown more as a professional or a person… I truly believe you cannot find another experience like this.”
-Alex Macholz. Penn State Kinesiology.
“Thank you for providing me with a fun and unique internship. One on One is clearly committed to providing an exceptional experience to both clients and team members. The personal and positive atmosphere of this facility and its staff is unparalleled. The emphasis on nutrition in a fitness-based business is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. I encourage you to apply for an internship if you want to acquire real world experience, and help people in a significant way.”
-Norah Cliff. Penn State Nutrition
Observation hours are available for qualified students.
To apply, fill out the Internship Application Form. You must also email your resume, cover letter and a letter of recommendation from a member of your university’s faculty to Ryan@oneononefit.com.