One on One’s Internship program is designed to pick up where the intern’s academic career leaves off. You have a good foundation in the science…you now need to know how to apply it. We give our interns the tools needed to become true professionals in our field.
Interns are essentially enrolled in our Personal Fitness Instructor Training Program. In it, they learn the science, skill and art of being a personal trainer. Becoming an excellent communicator, commanding respect, creating solid foundations, strategies for personal growth, avoiding common pitfalls, how to promote yourself…the list goes on and on. The program is basically the culmination of 26 years of identifying and correcting mistakes.
It is our desire to hire the very best of our interns when positions become available.
Prospective interns must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in final semester of a Health and Human Development related degree program (Candidate will graduate upon completion of internship).
- Must possess a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a member of the candidate’s university faculty.
- Must provide a cover letter that states why the candidate believes he/she is a good fit for the internship.
- Must provide a resume that highlights candidate’s pertinent coursework, extracurricular activities, hobbies, work experience, awards, and certifications.
- Must complete and submit an Internship Program application.
Interns work a full-time schedule Monday through Friday. During a typical day, a participant can expect:
- One to two hours of lecture/discussion
- Two to three hours of observation/practice/critical analysis with a One on One team member
- One to two hours of miscellaneous instruction (including but not limited to assessment, demonstrations, and role playing)
- One hour of exercise/practice
- Independent study (reading, certification prep and project completion)
Application Deadlines: Internship start/completion dates subject to change
Application deadline: December 12, 2016
Internship start date: January 9, 2017
Internship completion date: April 3, 2017
Application deadline: April 17, 2017
Internship start date: May 15, 2017
Internship completion date: August 7, 2017
Application deadline: August 14, 2017
Internship start date: September 11, 2017
Internship completion date: December 1, 2017
After the application is submitted, applicants will be notified within 10 days via email if an interview is awarded.
Any questions and/or general inquiries can be sent to John Valentik at email@example.com.
Observation hours are available for qualified students.
Please contact John Valentik at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. No phone calls, please.